For grades 10–12.
Why student leadership?
What do you see when working with urban youth—problems? Or opportunity?
God made young people in His image, giving each one unique gifts and abilities that He means to use for His own glory. We refuse to believe that adolescents are incapable of doing great things. Instead, we want to empower them to live out God's purpose for their lives.
Leaders in Training is our attempt to help youth grow as servant leaders who glorify God in every aspect of their lives. We are believing God to raise up young men and women who will reject passivity, accept responsibility, lead courageously, remain humble, and live for God's greater reward.
What are student leaders responsible for?
- Serve in various ways on program night to help create a fun and safe environment (e.g., student sign-in, supervising open gym time, preparing and serving meal, teaching Bible lesson, helping lead small group, leading games, etc.).
- Attend all required volunteer training meetings
- Abide by the Student Leadership Covenant
When will student leaders meet?
What kind of students are we looking for?
- Leaders have CHARACTER — they live what they want others to become
- Leaders take INITIATIVE — they know what’s needed, what they have to offer, and take action to serve the good of the whole
- Leaders are CONSISTENT — they keep their word
- Leaders are RESPONSIBLE — they do what's needed when it's needed
- Leaders are HONEST — they admit mistakes and own up to the consequences
- Leaders LAUGH — they know how to have fun when appropriate
- Leaders are INVITING — they welcome and care for others
- Leaders EMPOWER — they help others grow
How will we invest in student leaders?
- Student leaders are invited to join us for a monthly meal and fun gathering to grow together as a team.
- Adult volunteers will serve as student leader coaches on program night. These coaches will walk with student leaders as they help run the program.
- We also will connect student leaders with mentors who will invest in their lives and help them grow as leaders.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (612) 361–6684