Home › Jubilee Life During COVID–19
Jubilee Life During COVID–19
Jubilee has transitioned Sunday Services indoors (at 1628 East 33rd Street), and we are holding two services, at 8:30am and 10:30am. RSVPs are required prior to arriving on Sunday morning (see the links below). If possible, RSVP by Saturday night to help the Sunday morning team to plan accordingly. In the unlikely event that one of the services is full, you will be notified when you attempt to submit your RSVP. But don't worry! We will likely have plenty of space in the other service!
- Park on the Street: Parking will not be available in the parking lot, as we will be using that space for prayer Sunday morning.
- Arrive Early: You are encouraged to arrive early to allow for the ushers to seat everyone before each service begins.
- Wear a Mask: According to an Executive Order by Gov. Tim Walz, all individuals over the age of 5 will be required to wear a mask in indoor public settings, unless they are unable to wear a mask due to health reasons. If you forget your mask, we will have extras available.
- Maintain Social Distancing: As you enter the building, please maintain a distance of 6 feet from others. Be prepared for a line when you arrive as ushers seat each household individually.
- Seating: Each household will be seated individually by ushers as they arrive.
- Singing: We will be singing during the service. However, we ask for all participants to keep their masks on while singing, to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
- Restrooms: Only two people will be allowed in each bathroom at a time. As you wait for the restroom, please maintain a 6 foot distance from the people in front of you.
Restless Child Room
Our restless child room is now located in the lower level fellowship hall. The floor has been marked with designated spaces for individual families, and the service live-stream will be projected at each service so you can let your kids wiggle without missing what’s happening upstairs! BYO floor blankets and toys!
Sermon Notes for Kids
Sermon notes for older & younger kids are now available each week. You can pick up copies at the welcome tables on the way into the service.
New City Catechism
Beginning October 11th, both kids and adults will begin learning the New City Catechism together each Sunday. The New City Catechism app is a great resource that includes both the adult & children’s versions of the catechism. You’ll also find catchy memory songs in the children’s mode in the app!
The Jubilee nursery serves children ages 3 and under. Time in the nursery includes supervised free play, a small snack, a simple Bible lesson, and prayer.
The Jubilee nursery will reopen on a limited basis on October 25th. Initially, one nursery room (with a maximum capacity of 8 children) will be offered at each service. We will open additional nursery rooms as soon as we have volunteers to staff them!
Sermons for Saplings
Sermons for Saplings is an interactive teaching time for children ages 4-7 during the sermon time on Sunday mornings. A typical Sunday includes Bible teaching, scripture memory, prayer, crafts, games, and a snack.
Sermons for Saplings is offered at one service each week on an alternating basis. (8:30am – 1st & 3rd Sundays; 10:30am 2nd & 4th Sundays).
Serving in Children’s Ministry*
Historically, children’s ministry volunteers have served every 6 weeks, and it is our desire that we return to that rhythm in the future. However, between October – April 2021, we are asking nursery and S4S volunteers to commit to volunteering at one service on a monthly basis. (For those who cannot commit to this frequency, there is a small need for substitutes and 5th Sunday volunteers.)
If you are interested in serving in children’s ministry (and have not already connected with Becca, Rachel, or Erin) please complete one of the forms below to get started!
I am new to children’s ministry at JCC or it’s been more than two years since I last volunteered:
I have volunteered on a JCC children’s ministry team within the last two years and am ready to rejoin a team:
*In compliance with our Child Protection Policy, all children’s ministry volunteers must be members of JCC and complete a security screening and training prior to volunteering.
We recognize that within Jubilee we have a wide-range of convictions and perspectives about gathering in-person with others during this season, and that is completely understandable. Wherever you land on the spectrum, know that there is freedom. If you do not feel comfortable gathering with others during this time, you will be able to participate in the live-stream online through our YouTube page.
Yes, we need many additional volunteers each Sunday. If you would be interested in serving please contact Jess Wills (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you have tested positively for COVID-19. If you are no longer experiencing symptoms, ask your doctor when it would be safe to gather again with others.
- If you are experiencing any of these symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell. However, if you are experiencing these symptoms but have had a negative COVID test result since the symptoms started, you are welcome to attend the service.
- If you live with someone or have had close contact with someone who has tested positively for COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
Singles will be seated in the same row as a family (with social distancing). However, if you would like to sit with another person/family with whom you have already been in close contact, please RSVP together and arrive at the same time to be seated together (without social distancing).
Please contact Jess Wills (email@example.com) if you have received a positive COVID test within 2 days of when symptoms began. We will then notify all people who were in attendance, while maintaining your confidentiality.