Becoming a Member
We are so glad to tell you about the process of being a member at Jubilee Community Church. Christianity is not a go-at-it-alone pursuit. Living for Jesus Christ in our culture is challenging and we need one another. We might prefer isolation. Yet God has made us for community and relationship with him and each other. Our model of covenant membership is a commitment to building up our church body through love, support, accountability and shared responsibility. Please let us know how we can serve you.
Step 1: Membership Class
The membership class has a two-fold purpose.
- To provide an informal setting to learn more about Jubilee. Coming to class does not commit one unreservedly in pursuing church membership. Come, learn and check out our history, purpose, and beliefs and commitments.
- To give an opportunity for potential members to become acquainted with one of our pastors who can acclimate you to what else is involved in becoming a member at Jubilee. The membership class is a requirement to move on to the next steps.
If interested, please click on one of the dates below to register for a class. Light refreshments will be provided.
Saturday, May 20, 2017 (8:30am-12:30pm)
- Saturday, August 19, 2017 (8:30am-12:30pm)
- Saturday, November 18, 2017 (8:30am-12:30pm)
Step 2: Baptism (if needed)
If you have not yet been baptized as a believer by immersion, baptism is the next step towards membership. Please click on one of the dates below to register for a baptism class.
Sunday, May 21, 2017 (8:00am-9:30am)
- Sunday, August 20, 2017 (8:00am-9:30am)
- Sunday, November 19, 2017 (8:00am-9:30am)
Step 3: Submit Your Membership Inventory
This inventory helps our pastors understand the journey the Lord has you on. Further information about the inventory will be given at membership class.
Step 4: Set Up your Elder Interview
Elder interviews allow our pastors to get to know prospective members to learn how the gospel has been received, to confirm understanding concerning church membership, to answer questions, and to address any biblically warranted concerns. Our elders, after conducting interview, will them speak to his recommendation out the next member’s meeting.
Step 5: Membership Vote:
On the recommendation of the elders, the church votes to add prospective member to the congregation of Jubilee Community Church during the quarterly members’ meeting.
Step 6: Covenant Affirmation:
Public affirmation during a Sunday service is where Jubilee affirms new members. At these services, each person joining publicly affirms the church covenant and is officially received into membership.
We list the names of potential members in our weekly update prior to each quarterly member’s meeting and ask if anyone has concerns about someone proceeding toward membership, that they contact us as soon as possible.
If you have any further questions please contact the church: email@example.com